India – Photo Tour (Taj Mahal)
Rajasthan, land of Rajputs and Maharajas, an epic photo adventure to fairytale palaces, magnificent forts, ancient stepwells and of course dizzying street markets
This 12 day photo tour of India, like none other, visits locations such as Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Abhaneri and the Taj Mahal, among many others.
Created by photographers for photographers and includes locations, not on any other photo tours.
- Photo Tour: India
- Days: NEW: 12 Days
- When: Dates: November 26 – Dec 7, 2018
- Max Group Size: 10
- Remaining Spots: 9
- Read more about this photo tour of India
Drumheller – Workshop
A unique geographic area rich in history and unusual scenery. In this full weekend workshop, you will have a chance to work in a small group, which means the topics of the workshop are custom tailored to fit your photography needs. Darlene consults with each student individually to make sure that any areas you are having difficulty with will be covered. You also get individual help on location during photo shoots to make sure you come away with your best shots.
Some special surprises include a night photo shoot at a ghost town, sunrise and sunset photo opportunities, and a model shoot in an old mine.
- Weekend Photography Workshop: Drumheller, AB
- When: Sept 21 – 23, 2018
- Max Number Participants: 8
- Remaining Spots: 8
- More: Drumheller Photography Workshop
Mexico – Beginner Photography Workshop
We're very excited to be scouting locations in Mexico for a very exclusive 5 day beginner photography workshop, coming in 2019.
This workshop is for beginners who want time to build their photography skills in an amazing location. With only 5 participants, there will be more time for individual help, asking questions, getting your images reviewed and lesson customizations.
On location photo shoots, combined with classroom instruction and 5 full days of photography immersion will have you heading home not only with amazing images, but some shiny new photography skills as well.
- Beginner Photography Workshop: Mexico
- When: TBD, early 2019
- Max Number Participants: 5
- Remaining Spots: 5
- More: Beginner photography workshop in Mexico
India – 15 Day Photo Tour
From bustling Delhi, straight to the heart of North India. Rajasthan, land of Rajputs and Maharajas, an epic photo adventure to fairytale palaces, magnificent forts, and of course the dizzying Pushkar Camel Fair.
We have two photo tours of India, this 15 day tour and another shorter 10 day. Of all of our photo tours, this one seems to be one of the most popular and sells out quickly.
This tour, like none other, visits locations such as Jaipur, Pushkar, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer and many others.
Created by photographers for photographers and includes locations, not on any other tour.
- Photo Tour: India
- Days: 15 Days
- When: Dates: November 6 – 20, 2018
- Max Group Size: 13
- Remaining Spots: SOLD OUT
- Read more about this photo tour
Morocco – Photo Tour
Morocco’s mix of traditional and modern strikes the perfect balance between the intensely exotic and comfortingly familiar. From Casablanca on the coast to the snow-capped Atlas mountains, and to the Sahara desert, join us for 14 days of adventure as we make our way through Morocco. The rich music, aromatic spices, and culture all come to life in this exotic land.
- Photo Tour: Morocco
- When: May 2-15th, 2018
- Max Group Size: 10
- Remaining Spots: SOLD OUT
- More information & Itinerary: Photo Tour of Morocco
Vietnam – Photo Tour
A photo tour combining the best of Vietnam. This tour is in the development stages and will be available for a date to be announced in 2017.
If you're interested in any of our photo tours, we encourage you to put your name on our wait list. There's a link below.
- Photo Tour: Vietnam
- When: TBD 2019
- Max Group Size: 10-12
- Remaining Spots: 12
- More information: Photo Tour Vietnam
Nicaragua – Photo Tour
In this photo tour, you will learn the skills and techniques of architecture photography, portraits, low light photography, night photography and more while touring the old world culture of Granada Nicaragua, the history of Leon and and the charm of Jiquilillo Beach.
This is also a social tourism tour. We will spend time with the local children and Hotel Con Corazon (The Hotel with Heart), who use 100% of the profits from their hotel to help kids stay in school. Enjoy Nicaragua's oldest city Granada, fine architecture, great food and style and the relaxing comfort of a beach getaway.
- Photo Tour: Nicaragua
- When: Dates TBD – Tentative November 2019
- Max Size: 10 people
- Remaining Spots: 10
- More information & Itinerary Nicaragua Photo Tour
Cuba – Photo Tour
In this photo travel tour, you will learn the skills and techniques of architecture photography, portraits, low light photography, night photography and more while touring the old world culture of the west half of the island. Cuba is nestled in the Caribbean just north of the Cayman Islands and just a few miles south of Florida, rich with history, rum, cigars and the dance, lots of dance.
- Photo Tour: Cuba
- When: Early 2019, TBD
- Max Size: 10-12 people
- Remaining Spots: 12
- More information & Itinerary: Cuba Photo Tour
Wine & Photography – Workshop
Imagine improving your photography skills, in the gorgeous British Columbia Okanagan Valley with photography instruction by day, and then food and wine by night.
With private one-on-one access to one of Canada’s finest photography instructors, you will learn how to take better photos, understand your camera’s functionality and gain improved confidence in every aspect of photography.
You will gain peace of mind knowing that you won’t miss a single great photo opportunity during this exclusive workshop.
You will come away with results that will impress even your toughest critic: yourself
- Workshop: Wine & Photography
- When: Sept 30 – October 5, 2018
- Max Workshop Size: 8 people
- Remaining Spots: 7
- Learn more: Wine & Photography workshop
Myanmar – Photo Tour
To a street, documentary or landscape photographer, Myanmar is heaven. Better known as Burma or the Golden Land, this corner of Southeast Asia is an allure for all senses.
Nothing can compare to exploring and photographing the markets in bustling Yangon, ancient temples dotting the plains of Bagan, and the captivating villages and people who live around Inle Lake.
Throughout our 14-day journey, we’ll also be sure to stray from the beaten path and explore traditional tribes and ancient cultures – ones not often covered in other photo tours.
Warm-hearted people, ancient traditions and golden pagodas … welcome to magical Myanmar.
This tour is designed to not only show you Myanmar in all its magnificence, but also to learn about and interact with its extraordinary people.
- Photo Tour: Myanmar
- When: Spring 2019, TBD
- Max Group Size: 15
- Remaining Spots: 15
- More information & Itinerary: Myanmar Photo Tour
Check out our workshops page for all the beginner and intermediate photography workshops we have to offer.
Workshops currently held in Alberta, British Columbia, Nova Scotia Canada, and Mexico with European workshops being planned.
How Do We Define Photo Tours?
Photo tours are generally a bit longer than workshops (7-15 days or even longer is common), and you move around the country or area where the tour is taking place.
The main goal of our photo tours is for you to have an experience of the place you’re visiting, as well as to come home with great photos. You’ll see interesting things, and have the opportunity to photograph locations at the best times of the day (early morning and later afternoon).
- Travel to a new place, sometimes outside your home country.
- For both amateur and professional photographers (on the same tour).
- Photo tours move around the country to a variety of different spots, and transportation is arranged for you (plane, train, bus).
- Special arranged photo shoots with locals or in unique places you may not be able to access on your own.
- A tour leader and a local guide to tell you about the country.
- Usually include a small to medium sized group of 8-16 people (again do your research, not all tours are equal) With our photo tours we limit the group size to a maximum of 10 people with one photography tour leader and 12-14 with two leaders.
- Most or all of your meals and accommodations are arranged for and included in the price.
- It is usually a pretty packed itinerary designed to show you the best that location has to offer, in the best light, with a professional photography teacher as your mentor to help you get better photos along the way.
- May or may not include image reviews (time and space permitting with our tours).
- NO classroom or lesson time.
- The leaders on our photo tours are there to answer your questions, give you tips, and help you if you are having difficulty. They have visited the place before and have planned the itinerary to take you to the best spots.
Why Photo Tours?
I believe that when you expand your own context of the world, you can't help but change and grow as a person and as a photographer. To see the world, experience all it has to offer, is to truly live to the fullest.
“Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” — Helen Keller
Our photo tours are designed around the best light, the best locations and more time at each location!
We travel or experience the culture… we learn or relax when the light is harshest and shoot when the light is best. We've got custom designed photo tours, for photographers by photographers.
I'm guessing that if you've found this page you agree with me and Helen Keller and are up for a little adventure. I'd love nothing more than if you joined me and we shared that experience together for a while.
Come along, let's explore!
Image credits: Vietnam – Brian Lipincott, India: Daniel Korzeniewski